Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day One Class Completed

YEA!  I've completed "Day One."  Think I'll eat a bite (ate half of my sandwich at lunch) and then go for a walk.  The weather is clear and 65 degrees.  

I met Carlo (the second house guest) this morning.  He offered to share some of the cake he was eating for breakfast.  :-)

I'm increasingly fascinated how yoga helps the body achieve the balance it naturally tries to find.  Tuning in and being aware of what's not in balance is so much better than not noticing until "the wheels fall off!"  We practiced several mindfulness exercises, and the lesson today was "Let's Go Camping!"  My friend Maria recently shared the book Wild by Cheryl Strayed with me.  The author hiked the Pacific Crest Trail, the western version of the Applachian Trail in 1995.  As we talked about connecting with nature, this book came up in the conversation!

Good stuff.  Hope y'all had a good Thursday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment